Field Network Engineer (JPN)
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Posted Date: Oct. 12, 2022
CathWorks, based in Israel and Irvine, CA, is a fast-paced medical device start-up focused on digital health innovations to improve the lives of patients globally. The CathWorks FFRangio® System combines artificial intelligence (AI) and computational science to provide physicians with comprehensive physiologic information, enabling them to make better treatment decisions for their patients with coronary artery disease.
Recently, CathWorks entered into a strategic partnership with Medtronic to market and sell the FFRangio System globally. Medtronic is the global leader in medical technology and has more than 90,000 employees worldwide in more than 150 countries. The partnership with Medtronic will expand CathWorks’ footprint globally, enabling more patients to benefit from its revolutionary technology that is poised to disrupt the current coronary physiology market.
As a Field Network Engineer, you will be responsible for providing external and internal customer support for the CathWorks FFRangio® System. In addition to being on-call for technical questions and issues, they will also support on-site system assembly, installation, and service operation (Coordinate all technical aspects with the medical center’s IT representative). In addition, this role will also provide feedback for improvement to QA, R&D, sales/marketing, and commercial operations, as well as provide technical training as needed.
- Resolve and troubleshoot technical issues during on-site system assembly, installation, live cases, and general service calls or when we receive requests for technical services from our customers. Must closely communicate with Israel technical team.
- Provide on-call remote technical support to customers and sub-contractors.
- Provide technical training to both internal associates and sub-contractors.
- Utilize and contribute to our technical knowledge library with articles on common troubleshooting issues and FAQs.
- Maintain data on all support cases and provides metrics for continuous improvement opportunities in QA, sales/marketing, design, and commercial operations.
- Support on-site system installations and partner with the CathWorks sales team, imaging (C-Arm) field service engineers, and/or hospital IT as needed during complex installations.
- Provide the network related information to hospitals’ IT departments.
- Provide support during network connections with the hospital’s angiography C-Arm systems and PACS, as the subject matter expert on hospital IT infrastructure.
- Assess product needs in accordance with customer specifications (Coordinate with the customer infrastructure needs, network settings, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree –Electronics, information technology, computer science is preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with the Windows 10 operating system networking tools.
- Experience with diagnostic imaging equipment required (e.g., C-Arm systems and/or PACS)- A must.
- Experience with DICOM protocols – A must.
- Previous experience working with imaging equipment in a Cath lab is preferred.
- Understand and apply electronic, mechanical, and networking theory to install, diagnose, and repair equipment, including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and deep understanding of networking environments, including firewall settings, routing, subnetting, etc.
- Strong organizational skills, self-discipline, and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees and customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team-driven environment and share knowledge to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- May work in environments where devices producing one or more of the following may be in use: high levels of radiation, high magnetic fields, high voltages, compressed and liquefied gases, and radioactive materials. Strict adherence to corporate and site safety procedures is mandatory.
- Proficient English.
CathWorks is the leader in digital health innovations that can improve the lives of patients globally. The CathWorks FFRangio® System combines AI and computational science to obtain physiologic information from routine angiograms (X-rays), eliminating the need for drug stimulation and invasive pressure wires. It provides physicians with a quick and reliable intraprocedural physiologic assessment for the entire coronary tree, making it practical for every patient. For more information on CathWorks, visit www.cath.works and follow @CathWorks on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
CathWorks, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
Unless stated otherwise, all positions posted for CathWorks are not intended for or open to third-party recruiters/agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.